Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Maxali Manifests Dreams...with the help of Dave Chappelle!


So one of my dreams came true last week: I landed not just one BUT three guest spots at the SF Punchline for comedic genius, Dave Chappelle!

It was an AMAZING experience. And I do feel blessed to have been asked by the man himself! And even more blessed to be able to talk and hang with him during the shows. He said a lot of things I needed to hear so early on in my comedic career. One being that "starting in stand-up is the hardest thing a person can do" And to "just have fun up there". I learned a lot last week!

"I took a risk with Nicole, not having seen her set before...But she did good."
- Dave Chappelle 6/11/08 @ The SF Punchline

Thanks for taking that risk on me, Dave! And Thanks DH (Dave's Homie) for vouching for me and my peeps that week!

No comments: